Covering genealogy, family history, historical events and places, and anything else related!

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday's Child: Baby Boy Winters


My 3rd-great-grandfather John Bennet Winters died on 25 December 1879 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. At the time of his death, his wife Elizabeth Buise was pregnant. She gave birth to a baby boy on 10 July 1880. Sadly, the child died on 31 July 1880. He was buried in Mount Royal Cemetery in Montreal.

I learned about this child when I found the Find A Grave page that had been created for him. When I came across it, I learned that the infant of the late John Winters had died on 31 July 1880 and was buried in Mount Royal Cemetery.

I called Mount Royal Cemetery for more information, and was told that the child was male. No name was recorded, other than the name of his father, John B. Winters. I was told that the child was born on July 10, 1880 and died on 31 July 1880.


This little boy only lived for three weeks. The posthumous child of John Bennet Winters may not even have been given a name. If he had a given name, I have not yet found it. Nevertheless, he will be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment