Covering genealogy, family history, historical events and places, and anything else related!

Friday, June 20, 2014

Two Anniversaries

Edward Theodore Anderson, Ellen Victoria (Dahlquist) Anderson, Helen Martha Marie (Anderson) Gatlin, and Henry Cornelius Gatlin

On 20 June 1910, my great-grandparents Edward Theodore Anderson and Ellen Victoria Dahlquist married in Chicago, Illinois.

Twenty-nine years later, on 20 June 1939, my paternal grandparents Henry Cornelius Gatlin and Helen Martha Marie Anderson (daughter of Edward Theodore Anderson and Ellen Victoria Dahlquist) married at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Chicago, Illinois. I do not think that this is a coincidence; I think my grandmother intentionally chose to get married on her parents' anniversary. My grandparents were happily married for sixty-two years.

Cook County, Illinois Marriage license and return, Edward T. Anderson and Ella V. Dahlquist, 1910.

No comments:

Post a Comment