Covering genealogy, family history, historical events and places, and anything else related!

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Those Places Thursday: 68 Ferncroft Park, Ramsey, New Jersey

In 1974, my maternal grandparents John and Margaret (Schneider) Boe sold their house in Ridgewood, Bergen County, New Jersey and moved to the Ferncroft Park apartments in Ramsey, Bergen County, New Jersey. Some of the best moments of my childhood were spent at 68 Ferncroft Park. I was very close to my Grandma Boe, and I saw her frequently. Our large extended family got together much more often when I was growing up. The apartment had a spare bedroom, so there was room for family to stay there. There was a fold-out couch as well. My Grandpa Boe died in 1977, but Grandma Boe lived at Ferncroft Park until she died in 1986. The building eventually became a co-op, but she opted to keep renting her unit.

Many relatives gathered together in front of 68 Ferncroft Park in 1980

 Grandma Boe with four of her five children (my youngest uncle is not pictured)

 My cousin and me with my mother, grandmother, and aunts

Grandma Boe in her apartment at 68 Ferncroft Park

My aunt and cousin's two cats, April and Chammy, always came with them when they visited. Chammy is pictured here on my grandmother's piano. The family often gathered around the piano and sang while Grandma Boe played. Those were fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment