Covering genealogy, family history, historical events and places, and anything else related!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Workday Wednesday: Reuben A. Anderson, Dentist


My great-grandfather's brother Reuben Alexander Anderson was a dentist in Chicago, Illinois. This advertisement for his dental practice appeared on the back cover of The Bethlehem Star, vol. 45 no. 6, October 1941. The Bethlehem Star was a publication of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 58th and South Wells Sts., Chicago, where members of my family attended church.

Reuben was a dentist by 5 June 1917; his World War I draft registration card lists his profession. According to the 1940 United States Census, Reuben attended graduate school for three years. Since he lived in Chicago, he may have attended the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry.

My father told me that Reuben was their family dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment