Covering genealogy, family history, historical events and places, and anything else related!

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

NGS 2015: Day 1

Today was the first day of the 2015 National Genealogical Society Family History Conference in St. Charles, Missouri. The day started off with keynote speaker J. Mark Lowe, who spoke in character as Charles Floyd. At the end of the presentation, after watching a video of eagles flying, a special guest came out: Lewis, a bald eagle from the World Bird Sanctuary. What a beautiful bird!

I then headed over to the exhibit hall and did some shopping. Maia's Books always has such a great selection!

At 11:00 AM, I heard John Dougan speak about Missouri Digital Heritage. I then attended the GSG/ISFHWE luncheon, where Judy Russell spoke about "The Rest of the Story."  After lunch, I heard Baerbel K. Johnson speak about German digital libraries. I am very interested in exploring some of the resources that she talked about! I then attended Ann Carter Fleming's lecture "St. Louis 250+." Finally, I heard Jordan Jones and Patricia Walls Stamm talk about the cloud-based courses offered by the National Genealogical Society. It was a great first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment