Covering genealogy, family history, historical events and places, and anything else related!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thriller Thursday: John Gatlin Shot By Saloonkeeper

On 7 October 1916, my great-grandfather's brother John Reynold Gatlin was at Frank Morilli's saloon at 537 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois, with several others. They caused some trouble and were thrown out of the saloon. John attempted to get back inside, but Frank Morilli was determined to keep him out: he shot John in the right leg!

Chicago Tribune, 8 October 1916, page 4

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I haven't found anything of this nature in my family tree yet, about the only thing I have is ancestors who believe in stealing sheep! LOL
    I enjoy your blog and i'll be back soon to see your updates.
    take care
    Ria

    http://riasgenealogyandfamilyhistoryblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Sheep stealers are still "black sheep:! ;)

    ReplyDelete